We are looking for Ornithologs
Location : Georgia, Tbilisi
Application Deadline : 31.01.2019
Languages Required :English, Georgian
Project Name: Urban Birds
SABUKO (Society for Nature Conservation) is a non-profit non- governmental organization based in Georgia. SABUKO is the Georgian partner of Birdlife International, which is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership.
SABUKO is running a project “Establishment of Urban Birding in Tbilisi. The intention of the project is to raise awareness among the population about the value of biodiversity in Tbilisi. With several components SABUKO is adding to the value of green spaces by developing bird walks and guides. You are contributing to our team in a reliable way. Green spaces in a city are important for the wellbeing of people. This is far too often underestimated by investors who only focus on economic interests. Birds are a strong indicator for environmental impacts. We want to open eyes for the diversity of birds in Tbilisi, to raise interest in people for their beauty and their needs. And in the best case, change peoples attitude towards a greener city.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious Ecologist with a particular expertise in Ornithology to expand our ecological team. In this role, you will assist with the following:
- Identification of Birding Spots/Trails in Tbilisi
- Able to carry our Species inventory
- Reporting, including desk-top studies;
- Data analysis;
- Ornithological field skills and/or ornithological field work experience (i.e. already competent in identifying birds).
- Familiar with birding spots in Tbilisi
- Good English and Georgian communication skills, written and vocal.
- Able to work independent as well as in a team.
This vacancy is being advertised as an entry level position, however salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send us your CV and motivation letter by 31 of January to this Email Address: email@example.com